As promised, a tree silhouette!
For once, I didn’t throw a new technique at a complicated design! For this new approach, I tried it out with something I posted here a long while ago – the windblown tree:
The process I used involved LiveTrace, but generating lines instead of solid shapes. This resulted in an intermediate stage I could adjust and tweak before expanding and simplifying and merging and all that, without making a hash out of the twigs.
The result looks a lot like the original, and this is a good thing:
Yes, Victoria, there is a sample of what’s coming next.
I’m also giving thought again to doing backgrounds, instead of just plain white (or colors, as I do for the mandalas on RedBubble). Let me know in the comments what you think of that, please!